As I soak up the last few hours of my 26th year, I can’t help but reflect on the last 12 months and how much has changed, developed, and also stayed the same.
Here are 26 lessons / thoughts / reminders that come to mind as I look back at 26.
- Always go with your gut
- If it won’t matter in 5 years, it doesn’t matter now
- Exercise & sleep heals all
- Dogs heal all most of all
- You get what you work for
- Worrying gets you absolutely nowhere & 90% of the time, those thoughts never come to be
- Never say something to/about someone that you wouldn’t want broadcasted on the 6.o1 news
- When it feels like everything is going wrong, be grateful that you were able to get out of bed this morning
- What’s for you, might pass you, but it will come back around again later
- You don’t get what you don’t ask for
- Travel > material items
- When you need help, ask for it
- Do something every day that you will thank yourself for tomorrow
- Pay it forward as much as you can
- Mind your manners
- Spend more time with your parents, they love you the most
- Be kind to people, but take no sh*t
- “Ambition is the path to success, but persistence is the vehicle you arrive in”
- If your dog is silent for an extended period of time, they’re up to some mischief
- Watch the news every day, it’s so important to know what’s happening in the world
- It’s ok to be wrong, and people appreciate it when you can admit it
- Communication and honesty is not everyone’s priority, but it should be
- Be someone that people can trust…with a secret, with your word, and with your work ethic
- Good and bad karma is REAL
- Stop saying “like”
- Absolutely everything is funnier when you’re not supposed to laugh
My all time favourite for number 27 is…
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right”
I couldn’t be more excited to see what’s in store for the next 12 months. My product will be launching at long last (hopefully soon, sweet Jesus those things take TIME & PATIENCE, but we’ll get there eventually). I’ve lots of ideas for places I want to visit, things that I want to do and goals that I want to achieve. I’ll save the in depth reflection for the end of the year, because it’s been a journey…one where I’ve savoured the highs and handled the lows and come out the other side!
Thank you for reading and for the support this year, it is so appreciated I can’t even begin to explain. It’s been such an exciting year and I can’t wait to see what next year brings.
Lots of love,