Hello and happy Monday guys! I hope everyone had a really good weekend. I had a great one with three of my best friends in Dublin but I’m definitely ready to put my head down for the week and try to get back on track with healthy eating and working out.
Last week was a complete right off for me in terms of the gym. And when one thing deteriorates, everything else seems to too. So in that sense, I ate crap food and felt pretty awful by the time the weekend rolled around. I’m committing to my 3 gym classes this week now though, no excuses. I recently decided to switch from 4-5 classes down to 3 classes per week and it was a great decision for me. A huge amount of pressure is lifted now and while last week was definitely a bad example, it’s certainly a lot easier to stay consistent if you don’t expect too much from yourself around an already busy time of year.
Let’s face it…it’s so hard to stay motivated around this time of the year when you know the next time you’ll be showing off in a bikini is probably at least 6 months away. Not to mention the drop in temperature and the minimal hours of daylight. All that being said though, I’ve listed a few reasons below on why you should at least try to keep exercising. Especially with Christmas right around the corner. (eeeeek!)
5 Reasons Why You Should Keep Working Out in Winter
- You’ll never regret a workout. I for one will admit that I hate the process of dragging myself out of bed, pulling on my gym gear and heading off to the gym. Seriously, I dread it with every inch of my body. BUT, I can’t name one workout I’ve ever regretted. So, if you can just do the hard part of getting yourself there, the rest will be a breeze and you’ll feel fantastic afterwards.
- Christmas means family time, which means things can definitely get a little bit stressful with everyone under the one roof. Exercise can be the ultimate stress reliever. Better yet, buddy up with one of your friends so that you can have someone to vent to when you’re being driven up the walls.
- The sooner you start, the sooner you see results. It’s no harm to lighten the load for January. 😉
- You’ll enjoy your indulgences more if you know you’ve worked for them. 🥂🍩🍰
- We spend so much time indoors in Winter, so much so that you might actually not realise how idle you are. Making a plan and forcing yourself to exercise is not only beneficial for your health (obviously) but it will improve your quality of sleep, aid in digestion of food and also clear your mind.
I hope this quick post gave you a little bit of motivation to stay active this Winter, especially coming into “Silly Season”! Now, who’s as excited as me?!
Photos by the wonderful Bríd O’Donovan
PS. I wanted to include some of my favourite athleisure pieces that I have my eye on at the moment. Let me know if you like any of these! x