These were a complete accident. I was in the mood for something really sweet that I could just have whenever I start to feel peckish during the week.
Today was one of those “there’s nothing to eat in this house” days, so whatever I came up with was going to be (literally) thrown together. I’m really happy with how these turned out though. Similarly, with my Chocolate Protein Balls, I think they would be really handy to bring one or two to work as a sweet treat for after lunch. You can’t go wrong with almond butter either, it’s the king of nut butters – SO delicious.
This is my last full week at home, which is really hard to believe! I’ll be spending the week packing & applying for jobs as much as I can so I plan on not leaving the house too much. Whenever I have days that I lounge around at home, I find I pick at food so much, so these Almond Butter Bites should do the trick to keep me from going for the biscuits!
Almond Butter Bites Recipe:
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp of dessicated coconut
1 tbsp of goji berries
1 tbsp of milled linseed
1 tbsp of almonds
- Heat the almond butter & the honey in the microwave for a few seconds to make them easier to mix
- Add the goji berries & the almonds into the blender and get them to a crumb-like consistency
- Throw everything into a bowl and mix well
- Roll into bite sized balls & serve
- Optional: Drizzle some melted chocolate on top – definitely recommended 🙂
These keep for a few days if you store them in an airtight container in the fridge.