I’m just back from the most gorgeous three days in Budapest with my Mum & sister. My sister goes to college over there, so it was lovely to be able to go over and visit and squeeze a little more out of the summer. I hope you enjoy my Budapest travel guide, we obviously didn’t hit all of these places in three days but Helen gave me her ultimate list of go-to spots…any questions, just shout!
If you’re paying for anything by card in a restaurant, bar or cafe, make sure to always pay in Forints instead of Euro. If you opt for Euro, the restaurant will decide on the exchange rate and this will work out a lot more expensive for you.
*Anywhere without an explanation is a recommendation from my sister who lives in Budapest but is not somewhere where I have personally eaten. She has extremely good taste though so I would definitely trust her!
Breakfast / Brunch
- Szimply – The tastiest food ever, an absolute must!
- STIKA – Generous mimosas & good grub.
- A la Maison – So delicious and very Insta friendly.
- London Coffee Society – We couldn’t get a table here as it’s tiny, but it was packed and the food looked so good.
- Dérnyé – This one is on the Buda side of the river if you find yourself over there.
- Masal Tov – A great shout when brunching on the weekends
Lunch / Dinner
- Ket Szerecsen – We had gorgeous tapas here on our second night, I would highly recommend it!
- Oriental Soup House – We had our last supper here, it was incredible! Cheap & cheerful and incredibly tasty.
- Zing Burger – Helen swears by this place, I wish we got to try it.
- Padron – Tapas
- Al Dente – Italian
- Comme Chez Soi – Italian, book ahead because it’s amazing! I was here four years ago and still remember it as the best lasagne I ever tasted – They give you free shots too if they like you so be nice!
- Paprika – Authentic Hungarian
- Japanika – Sushi
- Soul Food – Caribbean
- Dobrumba – Lebanese
- KisParazs – Thai
- Taj Mahal – Indian
- Indigo – Indian
- Masal Tov
- Vintage Garden – Go for a drink & a snack…& for Instagram!
- New York Cafe – So impressive, it’s just stunning.
- Divino – Fab views of the Basilica and it’s in a very buzzy area, it’s a must.
- Szimpla Kert – The most famous ruin bar that needs to be seen to be believed!
- High Note Rooftop – This is right under the Basilica, the views and cocktails are incredible.
- 360 Rooftop – This one does exactly what it says on the tin…360 degree view of the city and delicious drinks.
- Koleves – This one is outdoors so best in the summer.
- Chez Dodo – The best macaroons in the world, made before your very eyes. Go, and thank me later.
- The Sweet – Right beside and a part of Vintage Garden. The ice-cream is so divine.
- Kontakt – right across from Szimply & it’s delicious!
- Blue Bird Cafe
- Espresso Embassy
- Central Kavanhaz
- Goat Herder
- My Little Melbourne
Things to do/see:
The Baths – I went a few years ago and didn’t love them, so we skipped them this time around. They are an absolute must if you have never been before though!
St. Stephen’s Basilica – go to the top and check out the Panorama view, incredible!
The Parliament Buildings – they are beautiful!
I really hope you enjoyed this post, and if you try any where that I have listed – let me know what you think!