Who doesn’t love Peanut Butter Cups? Seriously though? I’m delighted with how these turned out, I’ve been wanting to try my hand at this “clean” idea for a while now!
So I’m not going to lie and claim that these taste better than a good Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, but they honestly do come in a very close second place! This recipe really is so simple, it takes no more than ten minutes and you only need 4 ingredients. Definitely worth a try!
I made a small batch to try and force myself to not eat them all in one go, and to try & make them last for at least a week. But, once my mum got a taste of one, there was no going back. There’s always safety in numbers, so we happily tucked in – no regrets! 🙂
I know dark chocolate isn’t for everyone, but I adore it! Bournville has been my go-to chocolate bar since I can remember. Aldi & Lidl do so many different bars ranging from as dark or as light as you like, and they taste so good. It has almost half the amount of sugar that milk chocolate contains, so you can feel a bit better about indulging in it.
Recipe for these Peanut Butter Cups:
125g of dark chocolate
1 tbsp of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of honey
½ teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- Melt your chocolate in a bain marie (a fancy term for a hot water bath!) I just put a cup of boiling water in a saucepan and put a plastic bowl with the chocolate sitting on it, but don’t put too much water into the saucepan – you don’t want it to touch the bowl
- In the meantime, mix your peanut butter, honey & cinnamon in a bowl. Add as much or as little as you like of each ingredient!
- When the chocolate is melted, put 1-2 teaspoons in each case
- Give your peanut butter mixture 10 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to work with
- Place a teaspoon of this mixture on top of your melted chocolate in each case
- Cover the peanut butter with the rest of chocolate evenly
- Leave to cool & then enjoy!
Let me know if you try this one!