Hello! I hope everyone is having a great week so far? I feel like the last few days have been so crazy I had to double check what day it was. I’ve been dying to share this recipe for my protein muffins for a while now so I’m excited to see what you think!
So the weekend was pretty much non existent, myself and Erika literally worked around the clock to get her new website up and running, I honestly slept for 2 hours on Saturday night and then we were back up and at it again! I never thought I would ever be in any way capable of designing a website, but after my friend Karen helped me to set up my own blog, I found that I really loved the design side of things (hence why I have already redesigned since starting blogging 6 months ago!) so I was thrilled when Erika asked me to get involved. It’s still very much a work in progress, but let me know what you think of it?
Last night I got busy in the kitchen and whipped up some of my favorite protein muffins (as seen on Snapchat – niamhos21), I made a chocolate version of the below recipe last night and I really can’t decide now which one I love more?! I think the chocolate flavor tasted a lot less healthy than the vanilla flavor so that’s probably enough to declare them the winner!
- 30g of coconut flour
- 50g of ground almonds
- 100g of Fage Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil (melted - measure after you've melted)
- 30g of Vanilla Whey protein
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 4 tbsp of agave
- 1 egg
- 160g of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- ***For the chocolate protein muffins***
- Substitute the vanilla whey protein for chocolate flavored protein
- Add 2 tbsp of cacao
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt the coconut oil and set it aside to to cool, but not harden
- Add all of your ingredients to your mixing bowl except the chocolate chips & combine
- Add in the chocolate chips when the batter is formed
- Place the muffin liners into the muffin pan
- Divide the mixture into muffin liners (don't fill them up too much!)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (check them after 25 minutes)
- Drizzle some extra chocolate on top if you like
- Serve & enjoy!
- PS. Don't worry if they spill over the sides a little bit - just slice those bits off with a knife
Photos Edelle Kenny Photography
So there you have it, I really really would recommend trying at least one of the flavors – the batch I made yesterday didn’t survive the night so that’s always a good sign!