I’m finally back with another roundup post. It’s been a little while – I won’t lie, I fell out of love with all things blogging, social media and everything related over the last few weeks…I never want to come online when I don’t feel like myself, and that’s exactly how I’ve been feeling lately. I think I’m finally coming around though and out of this funk, thank god!
- Since I last touched base on here, I’ve started using the Couch to 5K running app (available on android & iOS), inspired by my gorgeous friend Lauren. I would consider myself sort of fit, but absolutely not a runner…so I started on Week 3 as opposed to Week 1 and I’m glad that I did. It’s a great habit to get in to, and you feel such a sense of achievement every time you tick a run off your list each week. I feel a lot healthier too, and the more I exercise, the more inclined I am to eat better. A few of my friends have started using the app now too, so if you’re toying with the idea, just do it! You won’t regret it.
- I had one of my friends engagement parties at the weekend in House. It’s such a great spot for a party so I would definitely recommend it. Before the party, I asked on Instagram for the best places to look for wedding inspiration / party ideas. This is my first time as a bridesmaid so I want to do my best, but it’s a minefield out there when you’re coming in clueless. Some of the places that were recommended in terms of inspiration and places to shop were…
- I’m heading to the bubble domes at Finn Lough this week with Fuzetea. I’ve been dying to go, I got my parent’s a voucher at Christmas too! I’ll be updating my Instagram with lots of posts and stories so keep an eye out…
- I’ll be up north twice in 4 days as I have a wedding this weekend in Donegal, it’s my first time visiting so I cannot wait!
- I posted a “receipts hack” for people who want to be organised and the self employed on my Insta Stories last week & have just saved them all to my highlights, so if you missed them – check it out! I’ve also been dipping in and out of book called Money Moments and I would highly recommend it if you are in need of some financial inspiration / help!
- For the engagement party this week and pulled my outfit together at the last minute but still loved it. My top was old from Marks & Spencer (it’s pure silk and just so gorgeous!), my shorts were Maje (they are the kind of material that pulls a little bit so bear that in mind if purchasing – probably not very 30 wears friendly if I’m being honest), and my heels were from & Other Stories (so comfy and flattering in my opinion).
- I’ve been loving accessories jewellery so much lately. I got some gorgeous rings in & Other Stories (this gold braided one, and these gorgeous dainty ones), and my first pair of hoop earrings from MoMuse at the weekend. I also treated myself to a stunning pair of gold leaf drop earrings while I was in the MoMuse store in The Powerscourt Centre – they are so dressy, I love them. I can’t find the exact link online but I would highly recommend going in for a look.
- Net-a-Porter launched their new Net Sustain section that showcases all of their sustainable brands. You can filter the products shown to you based on a number of different options which is so brilliant.
- I got two new pairs of tailored style shorts on ASOS last week since the temperature jumped. I love this style of shorts, they’re so chic in my opinion and make an outfit look so effortless. See my grey pair here, and my pale pink pair here. I know I’ll get so much wear out of them both.
- I’m loving the new Clarins lip balms (nude brick is my favourite shade!), and while I was on their website, I came across this article which is a lovely piece about them as a brand.
- I can’t say enough good things about the La Roche Posay moisturiser I’ve been using lately. It’s a really intense moisturiser and incredible for sensitive skin. I’ve been having a nightmare with my skin reacting to different fake tans lately and this has saved me when I was at an all time high level or irritation.
- Speaking of tan, I’m thrilled that Bondi Sands has not broken me out at all. I was beginning to panic as almost every other one was making me react. I recently picked up this tan of theirs that I haven’t tried yet so I’m hoping it’s as amazing as the others! If the reviews are anything to go by, I’m in for a treat!
- I finally got myself some of the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter (shade 3), and it’s incredible. This, with a layer of the SoSu Wonder Water facial tan (shade dark), and my trusty Chanel Longwear Concealer (20 Beige) concealer is my summer face at the moment for dewy day time and evening looks. For the barely there look, my Les Beiges Fresh Water Tint is what I constantly reach for (I wear shade Medium).
- I asked for your favourite Italian Restaurants on Instagram and SO MANY came through. I’ll have a new Dublin Restaurants post going up next week, I’ve been eating out way too much lately but at least I can report back so it’s sort of a good thing!? But anyway, below are the ones that kept cropping up, they’re all on my hit list now!
- Grano – Stoneybatter
- Il Vicoletto – Temple Bar
- Rosa Madre – Temple Bar
- Paulie’s – Grand Canal Street
- Terra Madre – Bachelors Walk
- Ciao Bella Roma – Temple Bar
- That’s Amore – Monkstown
- Cirillo’s – Baggot Street
- The Unicorn – Merrion Court
- Toscana – Dame Street
- Forno 500 – Temple Bar
- Osteria Lucio – Grand Canal Quay
- This video seemed to go down a treat on my Instagram! If you’ve tried it please let me know. I’m still obsessed with it.
I’m keeping things short and sweet this week but I’m glad to be back in the swing of things! See you on Sunday!