I am the ultimate morning person! I love getting up early and attacking the day. How annoying am I? I’ve spent a lot of time and many a morning experimenting with my Nutribullet. I’ve had many failures and a few concoctions my dog wasn’t even keen on, but I think I’ve finally perfected my go-to superfood chocolate smoothie.
The cacao powder and chia seeds are both full of antioxidants & healthy fats so they are staples in any chocolate flavoured mixture I whip up. The banana & almond butter really counteract the bitterness of the cacao, helping make it taste rich and chocolatey.
This is one smoothie that will definitely keep you fuelled until lunch time & is also perfect post-workout with the added superfood & protein punch! The Sunwarrior chocolate flavour really isn’t one that I would recommend on its own with just water after a good workout, I can’t get used to the taste – far too earthy or something. This smoothie is great to incorporate it into though, it takes literally two minutes so give it a try!
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 scoop of chocolate/vanilla whey protein - I currently use Sunwarrior as I'm experimenting with a few different brands!
- Throw all the ingredients into the Nutribullet and blend until smooth!