Rocky road is one of my all time favorite sweet treats. I love biting into it and getting a mix of different flavors and, textures consistencies. I wanted to make a “clean” version of the one that you would usually find in a shop, and I came up with my Vegan Superfood Rocky Road.
This was a hit with everyone who tried it so I really am delighted with it! You literally just need a blender, a mixing bowl, and then whichever ingredients you chose! This is one recipe that you can be really versatile with. If you don’t like raisins, don’t add them, the same goes for majority of the ingredients. The two things that I really feel are necessary are the dates and the buckwheat.
- 250g of medjool dates
- 2 tbsp of hot water
- 10g/1tbsp of cacao
- 30ml/2tbsp of coconut oil
- 50g/1/2 cup of cashews
- 20g/1/4 cup of goji berries
- 150g/1 cup of roasted buckwheat
- 20g/1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 25g/1/4 cup of golden flaxseed
- Add the dates and hot water to the blender (I used a NutriBullet) and blend for a few seconds until you get a paste
- Add this to a large mixing bowl
- Add the coconut oil & cacao and mix well
- Add in all of the other ingredients and combine until the mixture is blended evenly
- Add to a lined baking tray and flatten it out into the thickness that you like
- Put it into the fridge to set for about two hours
- When you take it out, cut into the size you like and decorate as you please
- I decorated with almond butter, cashews and goji berries - the messier the better 🙂
My friend Clodagh is arriving tomorrow to visit from Ireland. I honestly am more excited for this weekend than I have been so anything else in so long. We’re going to go into proper tourist mode and I couldn’t be happier about it! I haven’t done much sightseeing since I moved here, it can work out to be quite expensive so I decided to save the majority of it for when my visitors start to arrive! My snapchat (niamhos21) will be very busy, so if you are planning a trip to the city any time soon be sure to follow along, I’ll be sharing our daily itinerary on it (Clodagh and I are both organizational freaks so this is absolutely necessary haha!)
Hope everyone is having a super week!