I’m back!!! Happy new year everyone. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. The days that I wasn’t meeting with friends or family, I literally vegetated on the couch in front of the TV stuffing my face with crisps and wine – it was honestly heaven. I also took a much needed step back from social media, and I think that’s why I feel so rejuvenated and ready for 2020.
I’m delighted to be back with my weekly roundups this year. I always loved doing them, but they can be a little time consuming to be honest. At some stage last year they dropped a little too low on my list of priorities, but I’m committed to doing them weekly now. New year, new commitments and all of that jazz…
- I’m slowly getting back into the swing of things, since moving back home after living in Dublin last year. After I move again in a few short months, I don’t think I will ever want to do it again, it’s rough! As I’m trying to get reorganised, I’ve been looking to two organisation accounts on Instagram that you might like – @TheHomeEdit & @NeatMethod.
- I’m excited to start bringing you some new sustainability focused content on my Instagram stories every weekday evening from now on, make sure you’re following along (@niamh_osullivan). If you’ve seen it, let me know what you think of the idea?!
- I recently was introduced to the app Think Dirty which I think a lot of you will find really interesting. It’s an app that allows you to search for your favourite beauty brands and products, and it tells you how harmful/toxic they are for us and for the environment. They rate the products out of 10 and also show you alternatives that you can use. I initially thought it was just for the sake of the environment, but having read lots of different reviews, I can see that people who are really sensitive to certain ingredients find it so beneficial. You get a clear break down of what is in each product, so it’s easy to find an ingredient you may be allergic or intolerant to. It’s definitely daunting, but knowledge is power. If it encourages you to even start thinking about the effects the products you buy have on yourself and the planet, then it’s a step in the right direction.
- I’ve been hooked on this hand cream from Clarins lately. It’s one of their best sellers and I can completely understand why. Next time you see it, treat yo’self!
- I treated myself to this jacket from Sandro in the Brown Thomas sale and I am delighted with it! It’s so warm and I adore the oversized style. I feel like I’ll get so much wear out of it.
- I got a lot of questions about the Chanel earrings that I got for Christmas / my birthday. I got mine int he Bond Street boutique in London. I’m not entirely sure if you can purchase them new online, and each boutique carries different styles and stock. As far as I’m aware, these ones are the smallest style. It’s not a case of the bigger, the better with earrings. I thought I wanted a bigger style but was strongly advised by the sales assistant not to because they would look too big on me. I’m thrilled with the smaller style now.
- I often get questions about the style of Freddy’s that I wear, so this is them! I lived in them every night out through December, they are SO handy. I’m usually a 10 on the bottom but I take a size S/8 in these.
& the rest
- I binged on the second series of You over the Christmas break… It took me about 3 episodes to get into it, and then it was a binge-fest after that! If you haven’t watched it already, I would highly recommend it.
- With that said, I’m back on my Homeland buzz too. Another great Netflix series to binge on, or dip in and out of.
- If you ever find yourself in Saggart, you need to check out The Maple Tree for a good feed – it’s delicious.
I don’t have a huge pile of news to report at the moment, but stay tuned for my weekly roundups every Friday morning from now on! Thanks for stopping by!