I’m finally catching up on life and taking a breather all at the same time…(actual) weekly roundups will resume as of Sunday. Moving got the better of me!
This week (& last week)…
- In case you missed my Magnum #NeverStopPlaying blogpost, definitely check it out for so many different things that you can get up to with friends this summer.
- The big move…ok so probably the most exciting thing I’ve done in a long time. We are nicely settled in to our new abode and couldn’t be more excited for the next few months. I won’t lie though, I miss Geoff & Harry more than I thought…
- I binged on 4 seasons of Line of Duty last week and I regret absolutely nothing. It is INCREDIBLE! If you haven’t watched it yet, then get on it ASAP. The first 4 seasons are on Netflix, and I might be a while starting season 5 because…
- LOVE ISLAND is back. I am shamelessly obsessed with this show and I’m quite happy to let it consume me for the entire summer. Is anyone else the same? Also, the funniest person to follow for the most hilarious reactions and opinions is Fionnuala Jay. I recently discovered her and literally cackle when watching her stories.
- I found a new eco-friendly surface cleaner called Ecover. It’s a little bit pricier than your average disinfectant spray, but the ingredients are all natural, and this is a great way to make a little change to help the planet, if you can afford it.
- I’ve been glued to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 lately. I can’t express how much of a help it is to me each day to stay organised and also to have something light to bring to meetings instead of my laptop. I have a full review on it here, if you are interested.
- I’m going to be a BRIDESMAID!!! One of my best friends is getting married next year, and she asked me to be her bridesmaid which is literally the biggest honour. Send all of your bridal inspo Instagram pages my way pleeease!
- I was kindly gifted the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lipstick & liner, and I’m really annoyed that I lived without it for so long. It’s the most gorgeous nude shade ever, and despite the lipstick being matte, it doesn’t dry your lips out at all.
- The Iluma intense lightening serum from Image Skincare has to be the worst product in terms of packaging, ever! I love the formula, but have bought it three different times, and every SINGLE TIME the bottle breaks. I have no idea how or why this bottle is still in production. Rant. Over.
- I’m loving a new foaming face wash that I got from CeraVe. It leaves my skin feels so clean and it’s not scented so I feel like it’s quite light and simple.
- I’ve been using the Vichy Liftactiv Hyalu Mask 2/3 times per week, and I cannot get over how hydrating and plumping it is. My skin is so incredibly soft the next morning. The reviews on this product are so good, so if you don’t want to take my word for it, trust everyone else!
- I am so in love with everything from Sezane lately. My faves at the moment have to be this shirt, and this top. Both are so timeless and elegant.
- I got lots of questions about my jeans from & Other Stories. I’m living in them, they’re so comfy and feel really flattering.
- Here’s an article with lots of different sustainable fashion brands, many of which you probably haven’t heard of before. I am OBSESSED with this one. I’ll definitely be placing an order soon.
- I had a black sack worth of my clothes altered in Classic Tailoring Alterations in Naas (just across from the old Superquinn & up the stairs!) & I feel as though I basically have a new wardrobe. I’m so glad to give so many pieces a new lease of life, I just stopped reaching for them because they didn’t fit as perfectly as I would have liked, but I still loved them.
- I’m in such a good groove with my food videos at the moment. I love having a bank of videos to share , it honestly makes me feel so on top of my work. You guys seemed to really like this spaghetti video, and I personally think that this beef salad is one of the nicest things I’ve ever made!
- I ate in Isabelle’s for lunch last week. I had heard lots about it, and the majority was negative – but we really enjoyed it to be honest! You can’t go wrong with a grilled chicken sandwich and some bubbles.
- Since moving to Dublin, I asked for your favourite takeaway spots that we need to try…the ones that kept coming in were as follows:
- Base Pizza
- Camille Thai
- Bombay Pantry
- Spice Cottage
- We’ve already tried Base Pizza & Diep and they were both equally divine.
- Moving on to something a little healthier, I am loving the Hi8 Muesli from Flahavans (I get the one with added dates and coconut). I wanted something that was low in sugar but still bearable…this does the trick!